26 June 2005

Reworking My Portfolio

Before getting hired at Caveat, I had grand visions of reworking my writing portfolio. Little over a year ago, my content lacked. Most of my credentials revolved around writing smut. I had been published in some local and regional magazines of ill repute, but other than that, I had nothing but essays as proof of my writing merit.

It's amazing how much difference a year can make. Now, I have to decide how I want the portfolio to look. I have more stuff than I know what to do with. Then there's my erotica; do I want to include samples. And, what of my poetry? Does it warrant a place in my portfolio? I guess I should find a purpose, or choose an audience for it.

Maybe I'll use it for my new writing business.

Maybe I'll use it for securing freelance writing postions.

Maybe I should use it to become the nation's newest erotic author.

Maybe I should get this down in my little notebook.

No comments: