21 November 2005

Naked Celebrities

Most of us know about "googling" to find out more about someone or something. Most of us are also keyed into the overwhelming amount of supposedly authentic naked pictures of celebrities. Well, I like to combine the two whenever I learn about someone new to the limelight. I find the more x-rated links associated with a star, the more popular the star really is. I mean, you have to really like the star to risk posting unauthorized pictures of them on a Website.

Usually I find links to jokes or doctored pictures that barely resemble the celebrity, but there's almost always something out there. Not so for Hollis Gillespie, author of Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch and Confessions of a Recovering Slut.

Her books are written with such blatant sexual language that her works overshadow any smut about her. Check it out, go to google.com and type in "Hollis Gillespie naked pics" or "Hollis Gillespie sex" or some variation of her name. You will only find direct references to her books, newspaper column, or NPR commentary.

This woman has taken offensive language and used it to her advantage. She has laid herself bare before the world and the world is eating her up. I've only read the first story in Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch, but this honest yet unusual account of Gillespie's past has captured me.

No comments: