08 May 2008

This is a ScribeFire test!

ScribeFire is a plug-in that allows you to blog straight from your Firefox browser. This is my very first time using it.

Just now, I highlighted "plug-in," then clicked the "Add a Link" button. It automatically filled in the URL for the window I had open. COOL!

Next, I'm going to try and drag and drop the screenshot from the ScribeFire start window:


Yep, it worked!

Oh, if your tabs aren't all glossy and gooey looking like the ones in the pic, it's because you're not using Windows Vista or a Mac OS.

Okay, one last test before I get to work today. Let's see if I can highlight some text then drag and drop it below:

About ScribeFire
ScribeFire is an extension for the Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
that integrates with your browser to let you easily post to your blog: you can drag and drop formatted text from pages you are browsing, take notes, and post to your blog.
It worked,too! The only bad thing (or good, depending on your view) is that it didn't bring the orange color formatting of the "About ScribeFire" header. It did, however, format it (originally) as a blog title. On this blog, that meant it showed the 3 circles before the "About ScribeFire". It also pulled the linked text. Another quirk is that the drag and drop doesn't remove any of the breaks. See how the line breaks after "Browser"?

Alright, this thing rocks! Don't know how much I'll actually use it, as I generally create original content. But, hey, it's a sweet tool. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

No comments: